Kiara King, Art Director and owner of lifestyle blog Lion In The Wild, chose the Maldives to spend a memorable pre-wedding trip with her soon-to-be-husband. While staying at Club Med Finolhu Villas, Kiara experienced the first Club Med Fusions event; Multiverse, mixing food, light and sound during a magical evening ✨
We chatted to Kiara to find out about her experience…
Hi Kiara, it looks like you had an incredible time in Club Med Finolhu! What were the highlights?
Well, put simply, you cannot beat waking up to the view of the ocean, can you? The Overwater Sunrise Villa was by far one of the best accommodations we’ve had the pleasure of experiencing. We could’ve easily spent the entire 5-nights in our villa if not for the beautiful island and amazing inclusive activities.
We really loved how social the vibe of Club Med Finolhu was, especially after the sunset at the bar where many guests gather for pre-dinner drinks, including the night of Fusions. What I love is that Finolhu caters to what you want whether you want to be social and meet other guests or enjoy a private experience. Overall, Finolhu seems more intimate and relaxed than many other resorts.
Sounds like the perfect balance! Can you tell us more about Fusions by Club Med?
Club Med Fusions was what brought us to the beautiful Club Med Finolhu Villas in the middle of the Indian Ocean, and we’re sure glad it did. In its essence, Fusions is a collaboration of senses and, on this particular inaugural Fusions event, we were delighted by the partnership of Michelin Chef Jozef Youssef and award-winning composer-pianist Tze Toh. As we experienced umami flavours across three key elements – water, fire and air – the evening was further enhanced not just by the storytelling, light show and wonderful company, but also the music that elevated our senses and enhanced the flavours of each course. It truly was a multi-sensory night of enchantment, indulgence and connection.
Wow! A very unique experience. What was your favourite part?
I will always remember the burst of emotions I felt as we were sitting at our table with the chefs working meticulously in front of us preparing each course, the theatrical light that moved above us, the storytelling of Chef Youssef and the beautiful music of composer Toh in the middle of Motu Restaurant, knowing that we’d never experience an event so unique again.
As a self-confessed foodie, we thoroughly enjoyed the eight-course gourmet menu that shaped our evening. My favourite dish? Without a doubt, the tuna tataki paired with watermelon and pineapple. It was simply a heavenly combination, which seemed to be the theme of the night.
What would you like to see at the next Fusions by Club Med?
The Maldives is simply one of the most beautiful places on Earth, so I can only imagine how amazing it would be to have a Club Med Fusions event that celebrates the beauty of nature; sea and land, flora and fauna. It could perhaps incorporate film, touch, sound and light to enhance the emotions of the event and educate guests in an exciting way about the island and the Maldives.
Apart from Fusions, what are the Top 5 things you experienced in the Maldives?
1. Explore Club Med Finolhu. What do you do when you find yourself on a private tropical island? Explore it, of course! If you manage to pull yourself away from your own luxurious villa (it’s worth it, I promise!), you’ll discover the huge resort pool and bar, palm tree-lined walkways, Insta-worthy ocean swings, secret hammocks and pristine white beaches. If you get a chance, you should also get the quick speed boat to Club Med Kani.
2. Enjoy a night to remember at Club Med Fusions. We thoroughly enjoyed our unforgettable evening immersing ourselves in the first Fusions event, which combined our passion for exemplary cuisine and beautiful music.
3. Go on the Blue Lagoon Cruise. Wow, wow, wow! I believe that is the best way to describe our experience on the Blue Lagoon Tour as we discovered a tiny sand island in the middle of the Indian Ocean, snorkelled with lots of colourful fish and met friendly locals on a residential Maldivian island. Needless to say, it was so much fun!
4. Swim with the friendly sharks and stingrays. One of the most incredible experiences we had was swimming with the reef sharks, stingrays and fish around our very own overwater villa. While they were very shy and rarely approached us, it was one of the most magical moments I’ve ever had. We also swam with a sea turtles on one of the inclusive snorkelling trips we went on too. Pinch me!
5. Relax, relax, relax. There’s no better place to chill out than by your private pool overlooking the sparkling turquoise lagoon, immersing yourself in the natural beauty of Finolhu. Order room service, grab a book and rejuvenate in your very own paradise.
Sounds like the trip of a lifetime! What makes the Maldives stand out from other dream destinations?
I’ve been incredibly fortunate to travel to some truly beautiful destinations, but the Maldives tops the list for me with its clear turquoise waters, rich marine life and tropical islands. The all-inclusive delicious meals, free-flowing champagne, incredibly friendly staff (it was such a pleasure to get to know everyone!), fun activities and luxury of Club Med Finolhu are not to be missed. I mean, we’re already dreaming of our next visit! It truly is paradise.
And finally, any packing tips for anyone heading to the Maldives on their own amazing holiday?
Since you’re going to be spending your time by the water, make sure you fill your suitcase with plenty of swimsuits and beach cover-ups. For the evenings by the bar, take up the opportunity to have a little fun and pack a daring yet lightweight dress or jumpsuit. And don’t forget sunscreen…SPF50+ is my choice! Footwear, optional.
Discover more about Fusions by Club Med.